Today marks the two week anniversary of the start of the 2014/15 school year. Today just also happens to mark our first official day as an ENG 3U class. It’s a little out of the norm, I know.
I expect that you will be in various frames of mind regarding the changes at hand. Some of you happily chose to switch into this newly created class while some of you were not given options; some of you already have two weeks of Grade 11 University English under your belts while some of you haven’t thought about English class since there was snow on the ground.
Whatever the case may be, please know that you will not be left to figure things out on your own. We’re going to pick up at the very beginning, with the knowledge that half the class has already been studying Satire and effective group work strategies. We’ll back up a little bit so that we’re all on the same page (sometimes literally) and then move forward from there. Deal? Excellent.
Here’s the plan for today:
1. For those of you who were previously in Mr. Pedrech’s English class, please find a seat beside someone who was not. You have an important role to play today.
2. We will continue with a quick overview of the course profile.
3. Next, we will talk about the blogging/portfolio project
4. We will briefly discuss the projected assignments for the course. I know, it’s a lot to take in on the first/tenth day of school.
Projected Term Assignments
- Five People You Meet in Heaven skit
- Oral Texts test
- Taxonomy Essay
- Twelfth Night Assignment
- Novel Tutorials
- Comparative Media Essay